The Special Present: Part One

I open my eyes. It was just a dream. I push with my arms and I go bursting into the air. Nope, not a dream at all. You see, yesterday I was walking outside when a gust of wind knocked me over and picked me up. Hundreds of feet in the air the wind disappeared. I screamed as I was falling and falling and falling. Then, out of complete desperation, I pushed my hands down and instead of down I went up. Astonished,I leaned over and pushed. Away I went laughing with the wind in my face all the way home.

I found out the harder I push the faster you go. When I got home, I had to figure out how to get in. What if somebody saw me? Would I become a science experiment? The answer was unclear.

About twenty minutes later, my mom stepped out, worry and fear marked her face. “Autumn!” All the street lights were off. Okay, maybe it wasn’t just twenty minutes. I look around, perfect. I fly into my backyard, in through the sliding door(my mom must have been looking for me outside), and into my room. I quickly get into pajamas and throw the covers over myself. ” There you are!” my mom says. ” I looked earlier, but I didn’t see you,” she said suspiciously. I pretend to sleep. “Hmmm,” she said while she closed the door.

TO BE CONTINUED

1 Comment on The Special Present: Part One

1. icswrite
    October 18, 2017 at 10:50 pm (7 years ago)

I like it 🙂

Reply